Why You Should Not Go To School

Disclaimer: What you are about to read for the next few minutes have the power to either freak you out or make you think deeply.
So if you have temper issues, you may want to take some chill pill and either swerve or go right ahead but take it one at a time.
You see, in Nigeria, everyone struggles to be at the zenith of whatever they do, even the criminals are not left out, you remember Evans the notorious kidnapper right?
Okay.
Now, have you ever asked yourself why people struggle so hard to ensure they gain admission into higher institutions shortly after they are done with secondary schools?
Your answer might just be right, and hey or absolutely wrong.
The funny thing is that some people don’t even have the slightest clue, but
I might help you to an extent.
People (at least 80 percent) go to school because they want to acquire knowledge and do better for themselves and also influence the society in a good way.
However, with what is obtainable in our educational system today, a higher percentage leave those institutions worse than they were when they entered.
It’s quite simple, the corrupt system of choosing people to spearhead the affairs of institutions is one of the reasons things will remain the way it is.
No doubt the man-know-man syndrome is a thing that will linger for as long as our country is called Nigeria.
So, I feel it will be easier if we dumped those boring books and thesis and focus more on building connections.
Connection is the new normal in Nigeria because with it, one can penetrate the deepest of places without stress.
And thanks to invention of phone technology, once you have the right digits, you enter the right offices.
Since all people seemingly do in schools is simply a waste of time, it is safe to advise people to stay a little far from education and build connections rather.
I thought I had seen the worst of life until I saw one of my classmates back then in school judiciously cleaning offices, I looked well to be sure my eyes weren’t playing games with me and lo and behold I was right.
I pondered for some minutes before I decided to move on and not seem so negative.
You might not really understand it but I mean, this particular classmate of mine was among the bookworms and the efforts really paid off well at our graduation party with lots of awards as encouragement.
Did I tell you I also met one of them at a wedding in Lagos as a photographer, well photographers make twice as much as some of us who work in offices but we took some time to gist and he blatantly told me that he had no passion for photography but resorted to it as the last option because there are no other options for him.
If he knew he was going to end up as a photographer, he would have started earlier to practice rather than waste all the time in school.
By this time he would have been an expert in his field, but of course he never thought fate could deal him such huge blow. We all have the fairy tale kinda dreams about our careers growing up innit?
Politicians and public servants in our clime aren’t even as educated as most of the youths who work their asses out and end peanuts at the end of the day.
With the right connections, you will get to the point where the whole world would come bowing at your feet.
If I had known this earlier, I would have definitely had a rethink, at least by now I would have been among the people at the helms of the affairs of the country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 20, 2020 - National Blood and Bullets Day

Video Of Couple Making Blood Covenant To Avoid Infidelity Goes Viral Across Social Media [WATCH]

Now That Big Brother Naija Is Over Can We Kiss And Make Up