Why Nigerian Tailors Will Not ‘Make Heaven’

Nigerian tailors are probably the most traumatic thing that has happened to an average citizen after bad governance and epileptic power supply.
Save you live under some huge rocks, you must have noticed a trending story about a tailor who disappointed a bride on her wedding eve and rather gave her dress which she was supposed to wear for her wedding reception to popular actress Mercy Aigbe.
The bride apparently got her supposedly best day in life ruined by a singular ‘mistake’ of a tailor who seemingly had little or no iota of remorse.
How can you possibly give someone’s dress to another knowing full well that the owner would need it desperately for a serious occasion, her wedding day for that matter?
Who does that?…. Of course only Nigerian tailors.
It would not be wrong to think that Mercy possibly offered her a mouth-watering deal which made her lose her senses of integrity at a flash.
My bitter experiences with tonnes of Nigerian tailors have made me resolve to learn how to sew no matter what it costs.
If a Nigerian tailor has not dealt with you before, then you must really be from the mars!
The ‘my word is my bond’ axiom is a strange tale to most of these tailors whose words are exactly the opposite of their actions.
There is no shade of disappointment that I have not gotten into with Nigerian tailors but each time, I waved it aside hoping that the next tailor would prove me just wrong and deliver their promises.
Integrity is non-existent in the dictionaries of most Nigerian tailors and it is more heartbreaking that they seem to have gotten used to the lifestyle such that they no longer care whose ox is gored.
A tailor had my materials for long and in high hopes that I was going to have new dresses added to my wardrobe, I stormed her office in great excitement which soon disappeared into hot tears when she asked me to sort my untouched materials from the pile of of a thousand others. Damn!
Who would make heaven in such manner?
These people are experts in dealing with people’s emotions. I have wept profusely for tailors countless times and after each episode, I will resolve not to have anything to do with tailors again, but new and trendy styles keep tormenting my vision on a daily basis and of course I will go looking for them again.
Is it the lies that flow from their mouths like they studied some lie-related courses in school, or the nonchalance with which they respond to clients — Everything is just wrong.
What do they stand to gain though?
Devil will be so glad to take some selfies with too many Nigerian tailors because they must have earned his admiration with their disappointment skills.
Urrhhmm…there might be exceptions though, but like the stars, they are difficult to come by these days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 20, 2020 - National Blood and Bullets Day

Video Of Couple Making Blood Covenant To Avoid Infidelity Goes Viral Across Social Media [WATCH]

Now That Big Brother Naija Is Over Can We Kiss And Make Up