International Day Of Peace: What Does Peace Mean To You?


Hey there! Do you live under the rocks? Uh-oh! it's international day of peace today darling and I thought it was the perfect time to let you in on why you need to embrace peace.

Did you know that peace is a rare commodity that could make one live some years extra?

Sometime ago, I was with a friend and he looked into my eyes and laughed. I was like, what is wrong with this one? He said something that baffled me. He said he saw 'peace' and 'war' in my eyes.

I bared the whole of my 32 to laugh it off, but then I went back to have some reflections. How would I ditch the 'war' part and make my eyes exude peace exclusively? Well, I came to a conclusion that I may not really have been a very peaceful person but I think most of the time, I prefer to just maintain my lane and be at peace with the world.

Don't you even think I am about to tell you some more tales, I was only driving at the essence of peace. 

Apparently, nothing supersedes peace. In fact, peace of mind is gold. If you are at peace with your environment, family, body, job and other events around you, be sure to be in a lane of long life.

21st September has been set apart every year to commemorate the International Day of Peace, which was implemented by the United Nations.

The day is not only devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace among all nations and peoples, but also a day of sober reflections.

It's organised with the vision of promoting a peaceful society, which the UN describes as "one where there are justice and equality for everyone.

Oh well, the theme for this year's International Day of Peace will celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Declaration of Human Rights.

Although the declaration states in article 3 that "everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person," it does not include an article on "right to peace."

For this year's celebration, UN poses a thought-provoking question 'What does "The Right to Peace" mean to you?'.

While you reflect on that, take a ride at 10 quotable quotes about peace from notable men and women that will make you embrace peace:

"Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without." - Buddha

"We seek peace, knowing that peace is the climate of freedom" - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"If you want to end the war, then instead of sending guns, send books. Instead of sending tanks, send pens. Instead of sending soldiers, send teachers." - Malala Yousafzai

"If you want peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies." - Desmond Tutu

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other."- Mother Teresa

"If the human race wishes to have a prolonged and indefinite period of material prosperity, they have only got to behave in a peaceful and helpful way toward one another." - Winston Churchill

"Mankind must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation for such a method is love." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Peace does not mean an absence of conflicts; differences will always be there. Peace means solving these differences through peaceful means; through dialogue, education, knowledge; and through humane ways." - Dalai Lama XIV

"If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner." - Nelson Mandela


"Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein.

I sincerely hope you find peace with yourself and others. If you ever had a doubt about maintaining peace, just devote a few seconds to think about the implications and then embrace it with all of you. 

PS: I will revisit this post much later as I have a lot to talk about. Please stay in touch. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 20, 2020 - National Blood and Bullets Day

Video Of Couple Making Blood Covenant To Avoid Infidelity Goes Viral Across Social Media [WATCH]

Now That Big Brother Naija Is Over Can We Kiss And Make Up